Instant Pot - Shredded Chicken Cacciatore
I recently went out to dinner with some friends and the hot topic of Instant Pot cooking came up. We all talked about our favorite dishes, and one of my friends mentioned that she really likes the Skinny Taste recipes.
I decided to look it up myself, and I came across a recipe for Chicken Cacciatore. I love Chicken Cacciatore, but like so many other of my Instant Pot dishes, never tried cooking it before. The thought of cooking Chicken Cacciatore seemed like a lengthy process. and one that I did not have time for during the busy week. The Instant Pot made it extremely easy, and yet very tasty. I did make some slight modifications to the Skinny Taste recipe, so the recipe I used is below.
I have since bookmarked a couple of other Skinny Taste recipes to try this week. If they are a success, I will post them as well.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
kosher salt and fresh pepper
1/2 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
chopped basil or parsley for topping
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil (enough to cover the bottom) in a large pan over medium- high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides a few minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate or wire rack.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil and add the onions and peppers. Sauté until slightly softened and golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the Instant Pot. Stir in the diced tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on, make sure the valve is sealed and set the Instant Pot to "Pressure Cook". Set the timer to 25 minutes.
- Once the timer dings, let the pressure release naturally (15-20 minutes). When the valve drops, remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot off. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Serve over pasta, rice or spaghetti squash and garnish with chopped basil or parsley.
Note - You can do steps 2&3 in the Instant Pot - Sauté mode. I prefer the extra room which is why I do my sauteing in a pan.