Instant Pot - Orange Chicken
I love the flavors of Asian foods, but when you order in, you might not be getting the healthiest option. The other night we were craving Orange Chicken, so my husband made this dish. I'm happy to report that it is another Instant Pot success. The chicken was nice and tender with the perfect amount of sweet and spicy in the sauce. He served the chicken with a super easy and delicious risotto. The kiddies did not try this dish, but it is definitely adult approved!
2 lbs chicken breast or thighs cut into 1-2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Ketchup
2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
4 cloves Minced Garlic
2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 tablespoon Sriracha
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
3-4 tablespoons water
1. Drizzle the oil in a pan over medium - high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until it just starts to get golden. (You can sauté the chicken right in the Instant Pot but I prefer cooking it separately as it can stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.)
2. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Toss the sauce into the Instant Pot with the seared chicken.
3. Close the Instant Pot lid and cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure.
4. Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn off the heat and release the remaining pressure by opening the vent.
5. In a medium bowl combine the cornstarch and water, whisk until combined with no lumps. Turn the Instant Pot back on and select Sauté on low.
6. Add the thickening mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens.
7. Serve over risotto or rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and orange zest.